[Gllug] Recommendation for Content Management System

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Oct 8 11:44:18 UTC 2004

john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:
> Some time ago I did some experimentation with Plone for a CMS here at
> school.  Nothing came of it at the time, but I'm hoping to start
> investigating CMSs again.  However, since then Plone has dropped out of
> the Debian Sarge distro and doesn't show any sign of getting back in.  Can
> anyone recommend an alternative CMS with similar features please -
> preferably one which is included in Debian Sarge?  (There are several
> there, but I'm looking for recommendations.)

Plone is really rather excellent, and a doddle to install.  To be
honest, it's so simple (just untar it in the zope Products directory,
and that's it) that I suggest you just use it, even if it's not in debian.

Although I run debian, on my production plone servers i install zope and
plone by hand.

Cheers,

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk