[Gllug] screen + gpm

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:18:32 UTC 2004

Hello All,

My main machine at home doesn't run X - I have no need for it - my
time is spent in vi/irssi/centericq/shell/w3m.

However, at present, if I run w3m/links inside screen, I cannot click
on anchors/links with the mouse - only copy & paste.

I believe this is to do with the way in which screen and gpm interact.

I have tried the usual tricks of holding down ctrl or shift while
using the mouse, but this doesn't work either.

So far the only 'solution' has been to use w3m in a separate tty, not
under screen, which is less than ideal.

Upon googling I've discovered that there was a patch, several years
ago, that supposedly fixed this, but I'm surprised that such a patch
wouldn't have made it into Debian/Testing.

Any thoughts/experiences on this?

Steve
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk