[Gllug] linux based office setups

Amit Muthu amuthu at venda.com
Mon Oct 4 14:13:14 UTC 2004

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

>Sounds like a job for e-smith/SME Server.
>
>www.e-smith.org
>www.contribs.org

Thanks - that looks pretty useful... do you know whether it can be run
in a distributed fashion, i.e. different services on different hosts?
One of the major reasons[1] I have advised them not to use M$ Small
Business Server is the fact that it is limited to one machine with a
tricky  (and expensive) migration process when you outgrow it.

I wouldn't want to get people used to using tools from this project only
to suddenly snatch them away when the system grows past one machine...

Many thanks,
Amit

[1] Obviously there are plenty more reasons where that one came from...
security being a good starting point
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk