[Gllug] make xconfig

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 11:47:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 09:39:12AM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:56:30AM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 06:16:02PM +0100, john gennard wrote:
> > > /bin/sh: g++: command not found
> >
> > A naive assumption would be that g++ is not installed...
> >
> > What if you do "apt-get install g++"?
>
> if you werent such a careless pric* you would notice that he has
> installed g++-3.2.

Ah, looking back, so he claims.

What happens if you do apt-get --reinstall install g++-3.2 then?

Maybe it wasn't installed properly. Can you run g++ from the shell
prompt? If so, then the configure script (if any) and/or the Makefiles
are possibly doing something funky with PATH.

Maybe you have a g++-3.2 binary, and g++ is supposed to symlink to it,
and said symlink is missing...

maybe run dselect? I find it easier than apt for resolving dependencies
(apt by default doesn't show 'recommends' or 'suggests' for packages,
although can be made to IIRC)

apt-get --reinstall install g++ g++-3.2 wouldn't hurt though...

> congratulations russel, my contempt for you has made to into another thread

I'm looking for a flatmate - don't suppose you're interested?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk