[Gllug] Java ...

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Oct 27 16:37:12 UTC 2004

I've been struggling to avoid using Java for the last few years, but
I've come across a Java program which I absolutely have to run.

The Sun "JVM" is huge, non-free and requires some weird
Debian-incompatible installer, all reasons to avoid it.

I tried installing kaffe, which appears to be free, but it throws some
sort of stupid CLASSPATH error:

$ java -cp `pwd`/TGWikiBrowser.jar:`pwd`/BrowserLauncher.jar \
  com.touchgraph.wikibrowser.TGWikiBrowser meatball.txt \
  http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl? hypermedium 2 false
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /usr/local/src/TGWikiBrowser-1/02/TGWikiBrowser/jar:/usr/local/src/TGWikiBrowser-1/02/BrowserLauncher/jar
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:21)
        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:21)
        at java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:21)

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?  The TGWikiBrowser.jar
file exists (but not, obviously, TGWikiBrowser/jar).

Why is so bloody hard to get these things working ...?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones.  http://www.annexia.org/  http://www.j-london.com/
Use Perl libs in OCaml - http://www.merjis.com/developers/perl4caml