[Gllug] Lessig in UK on Monday

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Oct 2 11:43:22 UTC 2004

This is from NTK this week.  By coincidence I'll be around this area
on Monday.  Is anyone else going?

          LARRY "dear, *dear* Larry" LESSIG launches the UK versions of
          the famed Creative Commons licenses, and - who knows? -
          perhaps even some sort of practical applications for them, at
          University College London's Edward Lewis Theatre this coming
          Monday lunchtime (12noon-2pm Mon 2004-10-04, Windeyer
          Building, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1, entrance free, but
          please RSVP in advance to I.Brown at cs.ucl.ac.uk with "Creative
          Commons UK" as the subject line). We don't know how long the
          Professor is in the country, but we kind of suspect he might
          also enjoy getting his teeth into next weekend's FIPR
          COPYRIGHT IN EUROPE WORKSHOP ("starts Sat lunchtime and
          finishes Sun lunchtime", 2004-10-09/10, Computer Laboratory,
          University of Cambridge, 15 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3,
          looks free but email them to check), where the Foundation for
          Information Policy Research will be considering responses to
          "the EU legal framework in the field of copyright and related
          rights", possibly along the lines of why increased legal
          protection of "intellectual property" might actually be bad,
          not good, like some people seem to think.
          http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Brown/ccuk-flyer.pdf
           - aka http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529241&y=181831

Rich.

http://www.winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM improvement consultancy