[Gllug] Strange Mac file

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Oct 1 14:05:52 UTC 2004

* Richard Jones (rich at annexia.org) wrote:
> Would anyone like to hazard a guess at what this file is, sent to me
> by a Mac weenie:

Talking about Mac weenies...

I've been using a white iBook for nearly three years with Linux
(Gentoo). Been pretty happy with it and the times I've used MacOS I've
been pretty frustrated in focus follows mouse, multiple desktops and the
whole cut and paste thing.

But I'm the recipient of a new powerbook and I thought I'd give macos a
try once more. And its pretty sweet with expose hot corners, X11.app.
All those things like ntp and ppp VPN's JustWork. I havn't wanted to
kill it yet.

I know a lot of people are carrying iBooks and powerbooks around these
days at linux conferences, but not many of you run Linux... Thought it'd
be nice to hear views now that macos has matured a bit.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk