[Gllug] make xconfig

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sat Oct 2 16:31:13 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:22:47PM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 02:38:10PM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> > I admit over-reaction there. Apologies,
>
> An apology? On a mailing list? On the Internet? With its reputation?
>
> > dpkg-reconfigure g++ might have done it,
>
> Not sure why, but I always thought dpkg-reconfigure was just for debconf
> stuff - a useful tool indeed.

maybe someone should have a word with the package maintainers for g++, you
would thing that installing the g++ package would install the symlink to g++
aswell :-)

> Something I forgot to mention to the OP - if they have the GTK libraries
> and headers installed, then make gconfig'll try to build a GTK version
> of the config tool. Depending on what the OP is trying to achieve, this
> may well be sufficient...

I Might have to try that, I never knew there was a gtk one, that said the
curses one seems to do the job nicely.

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk