[Gllug] Read mac address from dvb card

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Sep 1 14:38:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 16:05, Julian Somers wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know a way to read MAC addresses from PCI DVB cards?
>
> Some of the cards Im using (like hauppauge wintv nova) supply their mac
> address when I load the linux-dvb driver, but others (like technisat
> skystar) don't.
I have version 1.1.0 of the dvb drivers,
which is probably out of date.

The MAC is read in the routine ttpci-eeprom.c
" Retrieve encoded MAC address from 24C16 serial 2-wire EEPROM,
    decode it and store it in the associated adapter struct for
    use by dvb_net.c"

I'd guess that these other devices don't have this eeprom.
Which doesn't really answer your question does it. Sorry!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk