[Gllug] Slow NFS

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Thu Sep 23 23:47:51 UTC 2004

So, the hard drive in one of our Mini-ITX machines started dying -
probably because we were pulling too much power from the 12V line. I
copied the data to the server, configured netboot, set up tftp, pxe and
so on, and I was happy.

Until two hours ago when the Mini-ITX box stopped booting. It gets to
"INIT: version 2.86 booting" and pauses.

Eventually, I left it on for ages, and it is creeping through the rcS.d
boot files. I've seen this sort of thing before when NFS is playing
silly buggers, so it might be that. Anyone got any good ideas for
testing?

(It's not my Mini-ITX week - the CPU fan on my normal desktop one died
about the same time...)

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml