[Gllug] More grep stuff (SOLVED)

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Sep 12 22:48:05 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 15:31, Dylan wrote:
> On Saturday 11 Sep 2004 15:23 pm, Dylan wrote:
>
> I realised my mistakes...
>
> Yesterday I had:
>
> ./comments.sh 10*.ogg

> today I:
>
> ./comments "10*.ogg"
spaces in filenames are evil things :-)
you should write a small script to replace them with underscores.
I did.
And then I got carried away and made them all lowercase and removed all the
non-alphanumeric characters and so on... I really must get out more.

> and in an attempt to see if your script had a typo I added a -d to the
> cut command...
the -d isn't needed if your delimeter is a tab... what did you put in?
-d something I take it?
> As is clear this accounts for my problems. It works fine, and does
> exactly what it says on the tin!
>
> D'oh
cool.

Stuart