[Gllug] Mindmapping now available on OSS. Well, supposedly.

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 12:20:14 UTC 2004

On Thursday 16 Sep 2004 11:34, M.Blackmore wrote:
> Mindmapping now available on OSS. Well, supposedly. 'Cos I've not played
> with it and don't have any particular reason to do so now that I've
> given up (forced into retirement for health reasons and family care) my
> academic pretensions.
<snip>
> However, this sort of thing does seem to be a love it or hate it
> relationship. I love it.

Definetly :))

> If anyone has a need to use this in earnest, be nice to see a feedback.

Interesting. Thanks for this heads-up :)

MindMaps are also available in KDE too, where its known as 'kdissert' written
by Thomas Nagy and can be found at
http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert/index.html and also at
http://freshmeat.net/projects/kdissert/. It doesn't seem as far advanced as
freemind, but I find it easier and more intuitive to use, but, ymmv :).

Sharon.
--
 13:19:52 up 4 days,  3:14,  1 user,  load average: 1.47, 1.74, 1.58
Linux is like a wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk