[Gllug] Upgrade RH8.0 to RH9

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 10:56:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 11:44:53AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Mick Farmer writes:
>
> >Does anyone know how I should proceed?
>
> No, but I'd have to question why you've even started. Given that RH9 is
> an end of life, unsupported product, why not upgrade to FC2 instead?

FC3 is due out on 1st Nov, wait 'till it has been out for a few weeks
and then I would reinstall rather than upgrade. RH8 is old enough that the
upgrade process will probably not do a 100% job.

I assume that you do have all you local stuff in /usr/local/ ? - but even
then you will probably need to recompile so that things are using the installed
C library, ...

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>