[Gllug] running MacOS 9 software on Linux

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Fri Sep 24 17:50:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:15:59AM +0000, J F wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a project similar to Wine to run Mac OS 9 (or even OS X) apps on Linux, on a Mac?

You might want to try MOL (Mac on Linux) it works quite well,

PearPC is a PPC emulator, it 'works' on x86 aswell, but isnt fast, it takes my
athlon xp2200+ 45 mins to boot the OSX install disk, an (old) imac that ive
tried it on gets there in just 15 seconds.

> Also, can anyone suggest a Mac Linux distro or live CD?

knoppix ppc?, debian is very good, ive had an old g4 (with broken firmware that
will no longer boot macos no matter what we do) that has been running very well
under debian ppc for about 3yrs

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk