[Gllug] re: backups

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 09:21:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 10:16:59AM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:

> I'm sure I read something somewhere about writers laying down better
> quality tracks if you run them more slowly. Possibly a concern if you
> wish your discs to be readable by as wide a range of drives as possible.

Confirmation of this would be good. If you are writing a backup (to be
potentially/hopefully readable in a few years time) then an extra hour
in the writing is not really significant -- especially if it happens overnight.

OK: the above may not be true for large commercial systems, but I am concerned
about my box @ home.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>