[Gllug] re: backups

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Sun Sep 5 16:27:25 UTC 2004

adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> Don't know, my backups that are over a year old are still readable using cheap
> as chips media, they have been stored in a fireproof (and obviously lightproof)
> safe though. As for the realistic life, only time will tell :)

You need to be careful with fireproof safes that you store tapes or
disks in.  Safes normally sold as fireproof are only fireproof for paper.

Tapes and cds will be wrecked at temperatures which are fine for paper,
so you need a fireproof safe specifically designed for tapes or disks.

Cheers,

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk