[Gllug] Preventing init 3 when a user is logged into X

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Sep 10 01:01:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I did an update to a box today remotely because my lodger was working on
it, and by habit I went to init 3 to apply the update. Unfortunately,
this meant he lost a few minutes work on his document. No great shakes,
but it prompts me to ask if I can connive to have init 3 only work if
there is no user logged in on an X session on a remote box? I don't
want to prevent it in general, just when a user is using X. Could I do
the same for halt and reboot?

Obviously I'd want an error in case it was relevant...

Dylan
--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"
                                  -Dark Helmet