[Gllug] Oracle on Linux

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Sep 15 10:54:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:35, Davies Sue wrote:
> Thanks,  I need information specifically about linux and oracle on Itanium
> because it's 64 bit.  We currently have it on NT4 and migrating to Linux is
> now seen as a viable alternative.

Well, we have plenty of systems running on Opteron and Itanium
(mostly Opteron).
Have the management considered Nocona also?

If 64 bit Linux didn't work our customers would rend us limb from limb.

Being honest,
wouldn't you be better contacting Redhat and Novell(SuSE) and asking
them for case studies etc. on Oracle?

Also as you are in local government, why not contact Netproject?
They were involved with the Newham bid.
http://www.netproject.com/online.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk