[Gllug] Oracle on Linux

Davies Sue sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk
Wed Sep 15 11:04:54 UTC 2004

John

I've just been approached by my line manager who asked me to find out if
people were running Oracle on Linux on Itanium.  I'm not sure he believes
that anyone is running it in 64 bit mode, although it may be a certain
trepidation at leaving the comfort zone that many people find M$ provides.

I could give Netproject a go again but as you say suppliers may be a better
bet.

At the moment it's just such a pleasant change to have a new Head of Service
who came up through the UNIX route and was happy with it.  She's not anti M$
but rather pro the most appropriate platform for the app.  Such a pleasant
change

Suzanne Davies
Technical Support Officer
Civic Centre