[Gllug] Debain APT revert to previous version

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 09:50:41 UTC 2004

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 09:16, Simon Perry wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I need to revert the version of libtiff installed on one of my sarge
>>boxes to 3.5.7 from 3.6.1-1 where it is now. My googling has only turned
>>up how to keep a specific version installed, something I now wish I had
>>done, not how to roll back to a previous version. Any pointers to set me
>>in the right direction will be great.
>>

>Two methods.
>
>1) If the package is still available from your archive, try:
>
>	apt-get install libtiff=3.5.7
>
>2) If it's not, download the .deb and install it with 'dpkg -i'

Thanks Martin,

Number 2 did the job. I downloaded the deb from
http://snapshot.debian.net and everything went smoothly.

I am correct in thinking that if I define the following in
/etc/apt/preferences that apt-get upgrade will not install libtiff3g
3.6.1 next time it is run?

Package: libtiff3g
Pin: version 3.6.*
Pin-Priority: 0