[Gllug] SSH filesystem?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Sep 24 13:36:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Jan Kokoska yowled:
> Have a look at Linux Userland Filesystem, which provides generic kernel
> support for userland tools to emulate filesystem access:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/lufs/
>
> It can do sshfs, ftpfs, httpfs, socketfs ad more, I have no idea how
> stable/usable it is, but it has been in Debian for ages, so should be
> ok.

It worked for me on IA32, but failed on SPARC64 (alignment problems,
I think; I haven't fixed it yet).

Also, compared to http://sourceforge.net/projects/avf/> it is seemingly
maintenance-dead (no changes since last year).

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk