[Gllug] re: OSS CMSs

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri Apr 29 15:05:23 UTC 2005

In fact, even Sun engineers think EJB sucks....

  "A Comparative Study of Persistence Mechanisms for the Java(TM)
   Platform. Mick Jordan. SMLI TR-2004-136 September 2004"

  http://research.sun.com/techrep/2004/smli_tr-2004-136.pdf

p. 34

  "The EJB framework came out worst, requiring the largest number of
   changes to the source code and delivering the worst performance and
   scalability.

   ... acceptable EJB performance seems unattainable at present unless
   dramatic changes are made to the application object model to avoid
   fine-grain objects when mapped to EJB. While this approach is now
   reflected in standard design patterns for EJB, the extra effort that
   it implies is disturbing from the overall application design perspective."

Dan.