[Gllug] Auditing file access

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Apr 4 13:32:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005, John Hearns whispered secretively:
> In addition to SELinux, you could also look at Dazuko
> http://www.dazuko.org/index.shtml
>
> "This project provides a device driver allowing 3rd-party (userland)
> applications to execute file access control.

Last time I looked at this it was horrifically racy; it could easily
oops or return garbage on SMP boxes, and I suspect that it could oops as
well. This was a good few years ago though: maybe they've cleaned it up
since then...

(`Code not to be read on a full stomach' --- davej, 2003/4).

(hm, actually it looks like it *has* been cleaned up a good bit since
 then. It's actively maintained, at least, which is a good start.)

--
This is like system("/usr/funky/bin/perl -e 'exec sleep 1'");
   --- Peter da Silva
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk