[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:56:35 UTC 2005

Richard Turner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Following on from stuff I've said in the Fedora/JPackage thread, can
>anyone recommend a nice standards compliant open source CMS? Ease of
>installation would be nice, not loads of Java packages with very
>specific version numbers would be great, but ease of use for the
>updaters is paramount.

Hi

Textpattern [0] has been discussed recently on another list I belong to
[1]. The criteria were for good standard complaint output and support of
CSS with the least problems for upgrading if you have made
customisations. The comments got me interested enough to make a note for
further investigation but I haven't done that yet...

Simon

[0] http://www.textpattern.com/
[1]
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flists.evolt.org%2Farchive%2F+textpattern