[Gllug] [OT] Routers that log

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 12:03:49 UTC 2005

Sorry it's OT. My colleague is resisting the idea of a (linux) proxy and
thinks we can get an ADSL router that logs all outbound connections.

Some Netgear wireless routers can log to a syslog server, but they only
log inbound connections, people trying to access sites that've been
banned, etc.

Has anyone come across a router that will log outbound traffic to
syslog?

Slightly more on topic, the Netgear routers are linux-based, and are
theoretically modifiable, but I'm too chicken & ignorant...

Regards,
Tom SW

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk