[Gllug] Routing question

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:51:29 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 3:34 PM, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann <trmsw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 15:22 +0100, Bruce Richardson explained a lot, and
> added:
> >
> > You can turn it off but if the feature should be there at all, it should
> > be off by default.
>
> What's this "feature" called? I'd like to find out how to turn it off :)

I think the 'problem' is called ARP flux.

As for how to control it, I understand there are various ways,
dependent on your kernel and the degree to which you want to suppress
arp responses.  You can, for example, suppress all arp responses on an
interface-by-interface basis.

See the immensely useful:  http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-arp.html

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk