[Gllug] Scriptable Flowchart / Diagram Applications

Mike Leigh mike.leigh at hornbill.com
Fri Apr 22 09:17:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a requirement to produce some flow diagrams from a workflow system we
have written in-house.  I have access to the raw SQL so I can figure out if
an item goes to more than 1 stage or is a decision etc.  What I really need
is a tool that I can (with some manipulation on my part) export my data to
and see visually what the workflow will look like.  The primary reason for
this is to visually see the results of the workflow stages and check for
dead ends / infinite loops by drawing the stages between the actions.

Has anyone done anything similar to this and if so what tools would be best
suited to my task.  A quick Google reveals kivio style tools.  What would
you all recommend I spend time looking at.  I am not constrained by platform
or language, merely the most suitable tool to get the job done.

Thanks

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk