[Gllug] Madwifi drivers

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 13 11:11:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:59:44AM +0100, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone here experienced with the madwifi drivers? I've got an Atheros
> 5212 based mini PCI wireless card which I'm trying to drive with little
> success. I've checked out the latest madwifi CVS, and built the
> appropriate modules for them. The modules load successfully:-
>
> Trying to ifup the interface produces a DHCPDISCOVER, which sometimes
> gets as far as getting an IP address (but sometimes doesn't). I might
> manage to get a few ping packets back if I'm lucky, but I never get more
> than 5 or 10 packets back before the interface locks up totally (if I'm
> lucky) or the laptop locks up, requiring battery removal (if I'm less
> lucky). And it taints the kernel to boot.
>
> I've tried the latest CVS, packages from ftp://debian.marlow.dk/. My
> interfaces file looks like this (wep key and ssid altered for posting):-

I have had issues recently where perfectly working code just goes funny,

I had a problem with some rtlxxxx gigabit drivers recently, if you compile the
kernel with gcc 2.9.x then you get the behavior you have been seeing, (lockup
after about 100 packets)

Try compiling the kernel and modules with gcc 3.3,

Ian

--
Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk