[Gllug] Madwifi drivers

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Tue Apr 12 08:20:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 01:59, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone here experienced with the madwifi drivers? I've got an Atheros
> 5212 based mini PCI wireless card which I'm trying to drive with little
> success. I've checked out the latest madwifi CVS, and built the
> appropriate modules for them. The modules load successfully:-

Just in case it's any help here is the config file for my atheros card
running in a Fedora Core 3 box using the madwifi drivers.

DEVICE=ath0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=xxx.xxx.xxx.0
BROADCAST=xxx.xxx.xxx.255
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Wireless
MODE=Managed
ESSID=MySSID
KEY=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CHANNEL=11
RATE=54M

iwconfig looks like this:

ath0      IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"MySSID"  Nickname:"leviathon.xxx.xxx"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point:
00:0E:6A:D3:E8:DE
          Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power:50 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=45/94  Signal level=-50 dBm  Noise level=-95 dBm

Loaded kernel modules are:

ath_pci                66088  0
ath_rate_onoe           9872  1 ath_pci
wlan                  116948  4 wlan_wep,ath_pci,ath_rate_onoe
ath_hal               154864  2 ath_pci

Don't know if that will be any help. It took me most of a day to get it
up and running and I didn't write down the steps I took. My card is a
5212 just like yours so it should work. If you can think of any other
info you might need let me know and I'll pass it on.

Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk