[Gllug] It doesn't fit - cock-up on the motherboard format vector

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Apr 9 17:49:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 17:31 +0100, Liam Smit wrote:
> Hi
>
> > The new board duly arrived yesterday, only for me to discover that the existing one was not an ATX but some sort of cut-down ATX (Midi-ATX?) so the new board won't fit.  Silly boy.
>
> As long as it is atx - full, mini or whatever it should fit, unless
> you have a really cheap case. What you might have to do is move the
> normally brass stand-offs to acocomodate the new board.

No - the *existing* board is a cut-down ATX.  The new board is a
full-size one and simply won't fit in the case (by at least a couple of
inches).

I admit I didn't check.  I just thought, "Yes, it's an ATX board" and
went ahead and ordered one.

Never mind.  A problem is becoming an opportunity.  I like the look of
some of these cases I'm considering.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk