[Gllug] mini Linux?

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Thu Apr 7 17:10:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 17:58 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2005 1:57 PM, Jake Jellinek <jj at positive-internet.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > True!
> >
> > Nice to see someone has already spotted our new Dolphin mini. I believe
> > we may be the first company in the UK (or beyond!) to sell Debian
> > servers based on the Mini Mac.
>
> I know I've queried this before, but am I the only person who is a bit
> edgy about a 'server' without redundant disks?
>
> S.

Quite right to be edgy. The disk WILL fail eventually of course. That's
why we will be making sure that at point of sale the point is made
clearly that there is no backup disk and in case of failure we will only
be able to provide a new blank system. That said, we're offering a CD
backup and network backup as extras which we'd very much recommend! That
way when the disk fails we can get the system back up from latest
network or CD snapshot.

Cheers,

Jake.

--