[Gllug] mini Linux?

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Thu Apr 7 17:21:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 17:10 +0100, Caparo wrote:

> Jake,
>  Can these servers be bought outright rather than leasing?
> Just curious.

Do you mean to co-locate?, or simply to have a mini mac to take away
with Debian & our default set of software pre-installed?

If it's to co-locate then we'd charge for bandwidth, power, support and
location, and if the server died you'd have to buy another outright
(except during the warranty period of course) etc. It wouldn't be any
cheaper anyway.

If it is to take away, then we could do it, but it would be cheaper to
buy the mini mac direct from apple and then install Debian or Ubuntu on
to it yourself. Of course, we could sell you some sort of Linux support
package with it though.

Probably best to continue this discussion off list if you want to.

Cheers,

Jake.
--
Jake Jellinek