[Gllug] mount by users other than root

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 12:01:41 UTC 2005

Hi

I have been playing around with a RedHat7.1 system using kernel 2.4.29
and I have a small problem with mount/unmount.

With /etc/fstab set up for a particular partition with 'noauto,users' flags,
a non-root usercan mount the filesystem OK.  However, umount fails with a
'does not agree with fstab' error message.

I tried using a copy of unmount from a later mandrake system, with same result.

Any ideas ??
(Google hasn't revealed anything!)

Thanks

Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk