[Gllug] converting mbox to maildir

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Mon Apr 11 10:27:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:53:24PM +0100, neil chambers wrote:
> I'm not the subject line actually means a lot. I'm replacing a
> /var/mail/$username mbox sendmail system for a postfix system using a
> maildir/ mailbox configuration - Is there a well known way to migrate a
> users mail from the former to the later?

I don't know about well-known, but I do it with a tiny bit of Perl. I've
attached it, hopefully the list will let it through. The script needs a
couple of modules off CPAN, so you'll need to do [as root]:

# perl -MCPAN -eshell
[wait for the CPAN shell to start]
cpan> install Email::Folder::Mbox
cpan> install Email::LocalDelivery
cpan> exit

Running the script with no arguments gives a brief usage message.

/joel