[Gllug] converting mbox to maildir

Peter Joanes pjoanes at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 23:07:36 UTC 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 22:53, neil chambers wrote:
>... I'm replacing a /var/mail/$username mbox sendmail system for a
> postfix system using a maildir/ mailbox configuration - Is there a well
> known way to migrate a users mail from the former to the later?

I access my ~/.maildir using imap, and to migrate my mbox files I just used
kmail. If you stick the mbox file in the directory that kmail uses (~/Mail),
then a mail folder of that name will appear in the program and the messages
can be selected and moved to the imap store (or a maildir folder).

-	Pete.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk