[Gllug] Linux Sound APIs

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 16:15:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 04:24:43PM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
> >>I want somthing thats well documentated and easy to understand.
> >
> >heh. Good luck :)
> >
>    Ok well enough documented to make it easy to understand.

>From what I can see, sound in Linux is a mess. There are just so many
different ways of doing things, all with their oddities and
inefficiencies.

I suspect a lot of the documentation for the sound stuff is the code.
Maybe take a look at how ALSA's aplay does stuff, for example?

If you're producing software under a compatible license, you could
always just copy+paste some of their code and use that as a base...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk