[Gllug] Usb Web Cam

Marco Ferra mferra at swissinfo.org
Sun Apr 17 18:42:41 UTC 2005

Peter Childs wrote:
>   I've got a usb web cam I'm trying to get working under linux. Its a
> Trust 120 Spacecom, which I think works with the cpia driver, However
> try as I may I can get v4l to do anything at all what so ever, I've
> followed all the instructions but linux will not even try and connect
> the driver with the usb vendor/product id let alone create the v4l devices.
>    I'm using Debian Sarge with a 2.4.27 kernel and devfs.
>    Any ideas of what to try...
>
> Peter Childs

Hello Peter

I've tested some time ago the (unfinished) driver from this page:

1. http://tgnard.free.fr/linux/

(sonix) and it works.  2 or 3 months ago's the driver only worked on
linux 2.4.x but I have read the page and it seems there is a 2.6.x patch.

Forget the cpia driver.

Good luck and best regards
Marco
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk