[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Thu Apr 28 13:20:34 UTC 2005

Tethys wrote:
> Playing devil's advocate for a second:
>
> On jobsite.co.uk:
>
> 1370 java jobs

Paul Graham has an interesting opinion on this, in his article 'Revenge
of the Nerds':

http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html

The 'Pointy Haired Boss' reasoning for choosing to develop in Java:

"Java is a standard. I know it must be, because I read about it in the
press all the time. Since it is a standard, I won't get in trouble for
using it. And that also means there will always be lots of Java
programmers, so if the programmers working for me now quit, as
programmers working for me mysteriously always do, I can easily replace
them."

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk