[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Apr 29 09:03:40 UTC 2005

Nix wrote:
>>Not every possible and forseeable one, sure, but pretty much
>>everything you would ever want to use, why not?
>

> Because there are thousands of such things? Probably more?

Sorry, I don't see the point?  What's wrong with thousands?

> (I agree with Richard, of course: there's no need for more than a tiny
> set of primitives and a decent macro system. No, *not* CPP.)

There's no need for anything at all if you want to be reductionist :)
The purpose of a standard library is to provide the behaviour you
require as a programmer.  If you are writing a device driver, you don't
need much.  If you are writing an all-singing all-dancing web doodah
that needs persistence and all sorts of other stuff, then those are the
things you need in your library.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk