[Gllug] Query on PD software licencing

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Mon Apr 11 09:20:37 UTC 2005

And verily, didst Doug Winter announce to the hordes:
> John Southern wrote:
> > So the problem is, can the member seek all the assets of the user group?
>
> IANAL (and you really ought to get one because believing random idiots
> on mailing lists about legal stuff is dumb).
>
> First, he'd have to establish that £10 is not a "small copying fee".
> That's tricky to begin with.

Considering this has been goin on for 10 years, I take it the library was
distributed on a set of floppy disks, so, how much did floppies cost 10
years ago, how many were there, and what's a reasonable amount to charge for
them?

As only 10 have been sold he can't claim mass produced price reductions.

(lo john btw, is this our old QL group?)
:)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk