[Gllug] It doesn't fit - cock-up on the motherboard format vector

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 19:10:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:22 +0100, Doug Winter wrote:
> John Winters wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a better-than-average case and PSU?  Quality of
> > build, quietness, good appearance and ease of assembly are more
> > important than price.
>
> I really like Lian-Li myself (I bought one from Mike Brodbelt a couple
> of years ago and it's still going strong - thanks Mike!)

Glad to hear it :-). The Lian-Li cases I've had have all been good, and
I'd happily recommend them, though they are at the pricier end of the
spectrum.

On PSUs, if silence is important you should have a look at Tom's latest
review of passively cooled PSUs:-

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050401/index.html

I've recently bought myself a Silenmaxx fanless power supply from
QuietPC, but can't really offer guidance yet as it's still in the box
awaiting installation.

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk