[Gllug] [FS] Sun 21" monitor with free Ultra II

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:03:18 UTC 2005

Pre-ebay: SUN GDM 5410 21" CRT monitor and optionally an Ultra II workstation.

Due to new replacements coming later this week I have a good monitor
at home that I need to get shot of. It's in good nick with no
scratches on the screen and as far as I can see, none on the casing
although there are likely to be a few small marks here and there as
it's 5 years old.

The monitor supports dual input: Sun workstation and SVGA (standard
lead) and you can flick between the two at the press of a button. To
make it [arguably] more interesting I'll also chuck in the Sun Ultra
II workstation that came with it - I paid lot$ for the system about 4
years ago to learn some Slowaris] and a mouse although I have no
keyboard. The workstation almost certainly works: it has <some> RAM,
one or two <size> SCSI disks but IIRC the fan on the power supply made
a LOUD noise so we stopped using it as a server and placed it in
the [clean & dry] cellar at work. I think it currently has Debian on it.

Anyway, collection would be from Leytonstone [E11] or I could also be
persuaded to deliver depending upon distance from home although the
Ultra II is at work [E2] and is a bit heavy for my pushbike so there'd
be that to sort out too.

If you're interested then please make me an offer, here's the same
thing on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUN-SONY-21-monitor-model-GDM-5410-true-flat-nice_W0QQitemZ5229876451QQcategoryZ3696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Should be available by the end of this week or early next.

;D

p.s. My second screen is a Nokia 19" 446Xpro, if you do happen to be
local to me and want it then it's yours for a couple of pints.

--
Darren Beale
http://bealers.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk