[Gllug] 2.6 versus 2.4 stability

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Aug 4 16:38:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> The post I've just sent makes me wonder on the more general point (if
> it's just me or do others agree): is 2.4 more stable than 2.6?
>
> The box that was up for 99 days was 2.4.20, so not even that recent a
> 2.4 series model.

99 days is nothing. The only reason that any of my 2.4 boxes are still
there and haven't been upgraded is that they are not subject to security
issues and I cannot be bothered to upgrade them.

Oddly enough the box I am writing this on has 99 days uptime today. It
only went down because I had to pull the power for a short time.

For my money 2.6 is better. The measure is not just stability but also
improved performance and, where appropriate, features.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	 2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk