[Gllug] Linux - big not small

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Aug 4 13:15:49 UTC 2005

I know this will sound petty of me (considering my job!)
also stress that I am not  having a pop at new members (hello)
but...
what is the thing with running Linux on old hardware?

I'll give you the geeky satisfaction and interest in running Linux on
cheap or given away hardware (as I've said before I have a subnotebook
from Morgans with a limited amount of RAM).

How about trumpeting the fact that Linux scales to to biggest systems
out there?

Again, stressing that I'm not having a pop, is the meme
"Linux is run on old throw-away hardware" actually doing the community
damage?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk