[Gllug] is this a big problem?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 23:04:29 UTC 2005

Peter Childs wrote:

>     Aggreed I use exim. Advantage I spose is that its british.
>     The reason is that both Postfix and exim have ascii based config
> rather than sendmail which is based in m4 a very strange language.

Using m4 is just one way (though the preferred one) of configuring
sendmail. Knowing m4 is in no way a prerequisite for configuring
sendmail correctly - the cf/README tells you everything you need to
know. Sendmail's config and m4 files are also both ASCII text files -
what else would they be?

The old saw about sendmails config file format is really only trotted
out these days by people who never use it.

Mike.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk