[Gllug] is this a big problem?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 23:01:19 UTC 2005

paul wrote:
> Thanks for the replies !  Yes I am using sendmail but I will now try Postfix
> again. I tried it when I was
> just starting out with this task.That was about 4 or five weeks ago but I'm
> much better aquainted
> with the concepts of email, and Linux in general. So I will go back to the
> drawing board with postfix.
> I will let you know how I get on in a few days.

If all you want is all email forwarding, you just need a one line mc file:-

FEATURE(`nullclient', `my.exchange.server')

This'll just chuck everything at the exchange server's SMTP port. This
should be trivial for all MTAs. I wouldn't have thought it's even worth
the bother of installing anything other than what you already have - I'm
a dedicated sendmail user, and most of my nullclient type Debian boxes
run exim.

Mike.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk