[Gllug] Upgrading from RH 9

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Aug 31 13:27:31 UTC 2005

Liam Smit skrev:
> I think he means that if you are going to switch then you should make sure
> that you go with something new so that it isn't end- of-lifed soon after
> you've switched to it. A question of longevity of support more than anything
> else.

That's only a consideration where you are actually paying for support.
How are you defining longevity anyway?

I have machines running debian that have been continually updated over
several years so it's rather like the gift of the axe.  "Is that the axe
I bought you for your birthday 10 years go?"  "Yes,  I've replaced the
blade twice and the handle three times, but it's the axe you bought me."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk