[Gllug] 1 min load average

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 15:18:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Tethys moaned:
> Nix writes:
>
>>You would need to modify the kernel, adding an extra field to /proc/uptime.
>>(Add it at the end and you *might* be lucky and avoid breaking users.)
>
> Or for a small amount of extra effort, create a /proc/myuptime containing
> the data you want, and leave the existing /proc/uptime as is.

Or, for the totally overdesigned, add a /proc/{pid}/uptime-format into
which you write info on the uptime format you want, and a
/proc/{pid}/uptime into which the resulting uptime gets put.

(But there's no *way* such lunacy would ever hit Linus's kernel. :) )

--
`... published last year in a limited edition... In one of the
 great tragedies of publishing, it was not a limited enough edition
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk