[Gllug] Tools to design a web site

Peter Childs bluedragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 15:37:16 UTC 2005

Nick Richards wrote:

>On 8/22/05, Peter Childs <bluedragon at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>    I'm looking to designa web site. (Borring I know) I want to know
>>what tools people would use. I'm looking for it to be interactive
>>eventually, but starting static would be good enough. The only tool
>>around seams to be Amaya, but this designes Pages not Sites. Any ideas
>>would be most intresting.
>>    I sposes I'm looking for somthing in the leage of Dreamweaver, But
>>thats windows only.
>>

>http://www.nvu.com
>
>is simple and not too bad.
>
>Nick

    NVU looks good, Netscape Composer with bells on which is basically
what I was looking for, also being Gecko based means at least in theory
extensions will add many extra features.... Bluefish etc are more like
structured editors, I can do that with VI... ;(
    Maybe I can use NVU and then switch to Bluefish once I need to move
to more indepth stuff... Might also be able to use Bluefish for editing
othe XML... (Qt Uic files come to mind).

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk