[Gllug] Docking Station Lappies

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Wed Aug 17 23:10:11 UTC 2005

Yup, that laptop question again ... we've decided what we want is a
docking station lappie for downstairs, so it can either sit at a small
corner desk in the space under the stairs in the kitchen diner, with a
proper kb, mouse, and  17" TFT, or simply be picked up and plonked on
the table for reading the "papers" over breakfast, plonked on lap in
armchair, and so forth.

Now my tek savvy is very limited. I can sort my way around Suse YAST,
but much beyond that its drowning not waving.

Any recommendations as to docking laptops with 15" screens that simply
"work" with linux and wireless networking when off the docking station?

Many thanks
Malcolm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk